where we've been and where we're going

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Window


So, as a refresher, my apt is on the sixth floor of this building. While it makes getting to my room a pain, being in my room is wonderful. When I look out of my window, I see rooftops of Paris, and the Eiffel Tower. Tonight, when the sun was finally setting around 10pm, behind the Eiffel Tower, which was glittering with lights, with a cool breeze drifting into my room, I listened to an entire opera being performed in the Luxembourg Gardens, which is a mere block from my apartment. An opera. Live. Only Paris could be this perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that just sounds amazing. Do you find yourself singing, "I love Paris in the springtime" spontaneously out your window?

katie said...

oh Paris, how i miss you, enjoy a sunset for me too!!