where we've been and where we're going

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The not-so-great view from the Seine

Yesterday, I just worked. It was not exciting or glamorous, but it was productive, which is something I need to occur regularly during this trip. I got a pizza a emporter from an Italian place around the corner and worked. It was nice.

Today I worked again during the day, and this evening we had a group outing. We visited a creperie on a cute little street which happens to have, like, four creperies. This one was quite good, though, in my experience. Not, say, outstanding, like the one near the cathedral in Geneva, or great atmosphere, like the one in the 14eme arrondisement, but quite good and recommendable all the same. It was called La Creperie des Canettes. A wide variety of crepes. I had a Savoyard, which would have made the Genevois jealous, and la Capitaine, which was flambee. Very exciting.

Then we walked to Pont Neuf to take a cruise of the Seine at dusk. It was not as lovely as last year, since we were on a boat with a ceiling, making it difficult to see the sights. We had a commentator whose English was heavily accented, making it very difficult to understand her. And we were mooned. Yikes. Luck of the draw, though. This is the same company as last year, and last year's was tres magnifique.

Tomorrow we move to a new hotel due to an organization problem, before finally moving to the dorms on Friday, where we'll remain for the rest of the time in Paris. It's going to rain, and I plan on working all day, with a dinner stop for French Onion soup near where I lived last year, since the hotel is near there. Mmmm.

1 comment:

Julia said...

you're so worldly. I'm so jealous. I wish I had done study abroad. Or that I was rich and famous. Then I could travel and do cool things like you. :) You're the coolest sister ever