where we've been and where we're going

Monday, June 2, 2008

J'arrive!

I'm spending the summer in Europe once again this year, and after moving with D into a new home in Atlanta, I headed off to Paris the next day. My flight was the most pleasant international flight experience I've ever had...perhaps the mediocre movie selection helped facilitate easy sleep. At any rate, my good luck with flights turned into bad luck for shuttles. I took a shuttle from the airport to Paris during morning rush hour, and a normally 45 minute drive took almost 3 hours. Ugh. C'est la vie.

After I arrived at the hotel (which is fine, but not worth discussing), I dropped my bags and headed out to try and catch up with the students and profs, who were beginning orientation without me. More travel. Lunch. Walk to center, walk to class, walk to center, walk to class, walk to Luxembourg Gardens, walk to center, walk to metro.

Some of the students and I then walked (again) to L'As du Falafel. Apparently, Lenny Kravitz pegged its falafel as the best in the world. I must say, it was pretty delicious, though it was the sauces that made it outstanding. Don't get me wrong--the falafel was delicious and better than any I've had--but the hot sauces put it in the realm of rockin'.

I'm exhausted. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to hearing about all your travels and seeing you guys in a few weeks! Enjoy the game tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Paris and walking everywhere! I know you'll have such a great time.

So far so good in LA at the firm. Today I get to go sit in on an arbitration and observe, so that will be fun.

Enjoy Paris! Eat some delicious cheese for me.

Amie